Tummy Tuck in Encino, CA
If you have poor skin elasticity in your abdomen, excess skin or stretching of the abdominal muscles, you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Designed to remove excess fat and tissue and aesthetically arrange the underlying abdominal muscles, a tummy tuck can make years of aging and stubborn belly fat disappear.
Commonly referred to as an Abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck involves the removal of skin and fat in the area below the belly button. The procedure requires an incision from hip to hip that will be stitched together within the bikini line to avoid as much visible scarring as possible. The resulting scar will depend on the patient, how much work is being done, and most importantly the skill of your plastic surgeon.
An abdominoplasty may be combined with Liposuction in the area to improve the overall appearance of the hips and abdomen area. In some cases, a tummy tuck can be used to remove stretch marks.
Tummy Tuck Facts
- Anesthesia: General anesthesia
- Length of procedure: Up to 4 hours
- Length of stay: Usually Home the same day
- Discomfort: Mild to Moderate, controlled with prescription pain medications
- Anticipate: Swelling up to 6 weeks that could take up to 3 months to resolve completely
- Final results: Approximately 3-6 months
- Duration of results: Usually lasting, unless substantial weight gain or pregnancy occurs
The results of a tummy tuck are lasting but long-term results will depend on the health and habits of the patient. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle after your tummy tuck will increase the lasting effects of your tummy tuck procedure.
Dr. Malamet is a Manhattan-trained plastic surgeon with a passion for providing impeccable results to Encino Tummy Tuck patients. Schedule a consultation today to see what Encino plastic surgeon, Matthew Malamet, MD can do for you.