Earlobe Repair in Encino
Due to a number of issues, patients in Encino and Beverly Hills seek Earlobe Repair to create a more natural earlobe shape and size. From keloid scars to overly stretched earlobes, Earlobe Repair is designed to address damage and deformity of the ear regardless of the original cause. Just a few of the conditions that Earlobe Repair includes:
- Keloid Scar Repair – Bumpy red scars that often become larger than the original injury.
- Earlobe Reduction – In some cases, patients are born with overly large earlobes that don’t seem proportional to the shape and size of the ear.
- Earlobe Shortening – Often caused by heavy earrings, the earlobe can lose elasticity and begin to stretch.
- Split Earlobe Repair – This is necessary when overly heavy earrings actually stretch and tear through the earlobe over time.
- Stretched Earlobe Repair – As ear piercing has evolved into stretching out the piercing to accommodate larger gauged earrings, more patients are turning to stretched earlobe repair.
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Regardless of the reason for needing Earlobe Repair, Dr. Matthew Malamet creates a customized procedure to treat individualized conditions pertaining to the earlobe. Since no patient has the exact same issues, Earlobe Repair is a highly individualized procedure designed to restore a more natural and symmetrical ear appearance.
Earlobe Repair Key Facts:
- Anesthesia: Local Anesthesia or General Anesthesia
- Length of Procedure: 1-3 Hours
- Length of Stay: Patients generally return home shortly after the procedure
- Discomfort: Some minor swelling, bruising and discomfort
- Anticipate: Slight swelling and bruising may persist for a couple of weeks, but daily activities can be resumed the following day.
- Final Results: Visible once swelling and bruising subside
- Duration of Results: Lasting
Earlobe Repair Results
There’s no doubt that for cosmetic reasons the earlobes can take a great deal of damage. Whether it’s stretching the earlobe to fit larger gauged earrings in, or an addiction of sorts to extremely heavy and large earrings, the earlobe is a relative fragile part of the body that can be damaged fairly easily. Using Earlobe Repair, Dr. Matthew Malamet is able to restore a natural, unaltered ear appearance after injury, or due to congenital deformity.
Dr. Matthew Malamet offers Earlobe Repair for patients from Encino, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, Burbank, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, and the surrounding area. If you would like to learn more about Earlobe Repair and the effects that it can have on the overall appearance of the ear, Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Matthew Malamet. He meets with each patient individually to address any questions or concerns that may come up prior to the actual procedure.