Facelift in Encino, California
Why Consider a Facelift?
The features of your face are what makes you unique, but as we age, facial lines and folds threaten to diminish natural beauty. A facelift is designed to rid your face of unwanted lines and folds while accentuating your natural features and giving you a rejuvenated appearance.
Known technically as a Rhytidectomy, a facelift removes excess fat and skin from your face, leaving just the right amount for a skilled plastic surgeon such as Matthew Malamet, MD to sculpt a natural, aesthetic appearance based on your wishes and Dr. Malamet’s expert opinion.
Facelift results are long-term, a clear advantage over the temporary benefits of injectable fillers such as Botox, Juvederm, and Dysport. Typical Encino facelift patients are between 40 and 70 years old and the results of a facelift can range from subtle to dramatic, depending on the patient, their needs and their desires.
- Anesthesia: General anesthesia or local anesthesia with IV intravenous sedation
- Length of procedure: 3 to 4 hours
- Length of stay: Usually one overnight stay
- Anticipate: Temporary bruising for 2 weeks and swelling at least 4 to 6 weeks but can last longer, numbness and tenderness of skin, dry or tight-feeling skin
- Discomfort: Mild to Moderate, controlled with prescription pain medications
- Duration of results: Typically 5 to 10 years, with normal aging
- Recovery: Back to work in 1 to 3 weeks, exercise in 3 to 4 weeks
Designed to address facial aging in the cheek, lower eyelid, and mid-face area, a ‘Mini’ facelift is not as thorough as a full facelift and can result in less scarring. A ‘Mini’ facelift is best for patients who want to improve only their lower face and neck area.
Dr. Malamet is a Manhattan-trained plastic surgeon with a passion for providing impeccable results to Encino ‘Mini’ Facelift patients. Schedule a consultation today to see what plastic surgeon, Matthew Malamet, MD can do for you.