Despite the soaring popularity of breast augmentation over the years, there are actually women who visit our Encino cosmetic surgery practice to ask about a breast reduction procedure. Why would these women want to reduce their breast size when almost everyone wants fuller and firmer breasts? It turns out that bigger ain’t always better for these women!
By and large, the following one or more reasons prompt women to seek breast reduction here at our practice:
- extremely large breasts tend to restrict certain physical activities
- chronic pain in the neck, back and shoulders due to the added weight of large breasts in proportion to the rest of the body
- chronic skin irritation or chafing underneath the breast folds
- grooves in the skin in the shoulder area as the bra straps dig in
- breasts that hang too low
- difficulties with finding well-fitting undergarments
If you have identified yourself with one or more of the aforementioned, you might want to consider a breast reduction procedure with Dr. Malamet. Here at our practice, each breast reduction procedure is different and depends on the specific needs of the patient and the amount of work that needs to be done. The technique chosen will depend on the preferred incision location and the number and visibility of the resulting scars will vary from case to case.
If you’d like to learn more about our personalized breast reduction plants, we encourage you to get in touch with us for an initial consultation. Call us at 818.380.3130 or fill out this contact form to set up an appointment.