The transition from summer to fall and winter brings forth skin care issues, ranging from acne to allergies to extremely dry skin. At our practice, we recommend the following basic, yet frequently overlooked, skin care tips to help maintain your summertime glow once winter arrives!
1. Never skip the sunscreen.
You might be tempted to skip your daily sunscreen habit this autumn but don’t let the cooler season fool you. UV rays may not be as strong this time of the year, but they’re still there.
2. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
We can’t emphasize enough the importance of choosing a moisturizer that is right for your skin type — not too heavy to cause oiliness but not too light, either. Keep in mind that the cooler the temperature, the faster your skin dries out.
3. Get ready for winter with the following skin care treatments:
● Chemical Peels – Chemical peels vary in type and strength, depending on the cosmetic issue that you want addressed. Generally, chemical peels are used to help remove dull superficial skin layers and reveal the underlying layer for a brighter tone and smoother texture.
● Laser Resurfacing – This treatment is ideal if you have heavily damaged your skin during the summer. Laser treatment at our practice typically lasts from 30 minutes to two hours and patients can immediately return home following the procedure. Like chemical peels, multiple treatments may be required to achieve desired outcomes.
For a more personalized skin care plan this fall, we invite you to get in touch with us. Dr. Matthew Malamet serves patients from Encino, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and the surrounding areas. Call us at 818.380.3130 to set up an appointment today!Previous Post Next Post