It’s not as if today’s crop of humans suddenly decided we didn’t like our noses and wanted to change them. The first recorded rhinoplasty or nose-enhancement surgery can be traced back to the ancient times of Egypt and India. Today rhinoplasty is one of the most frequently performed cosmetic surgeries in the country. Men and women seek the procedure for various reasons — some want to aesthetically improve the appearance of their nose while others want to correct deformities caused by past trauma.
Whatever your reasons for wanting rhinoplasty, here are some things to know about the procedure:
- Rhinoplasty by Dr. Malamet is more than just altering the size and shape of your nose. Dr. Malamet will take the following factors into account — your overall facial balance, nasal support, skin elasticity, ethnicity, and medical history. The end goal is a nose that naturally blends in with the face.
- A good cosmetic outcome from rhinoplasty is not solely dependent on the skills of your surgeon, but also the patient’s healing response, which may be influenced by the state of his or her health and lifestyle habits. It also can be influenced by how well you follow your post-surgery recovery guidelines.
- Malamet uses two methods for nose surgery, either the open or closed methods. In an open rhinoplasty, an incision is made on the skin between the nostrils, the skin and tissue are lifted up, and the nasal cartilage and surrounding bone structure are exposed. In a closed method, the incisions are made inside the nose. Less aggressive changes, particularly to the bridge, can be attained with the closed method.
- It’s not uncommon to be disappointed at first with the appearance of your nose following surgery. The significant amounts of swelling post-surgery will be unappealing to look at. You must be patient as it takes time for the swelling and tissue trauma to calm down.
- If you want to “demo” a new nose, you can opt to try dermal fillers. Hyaluronic fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane can add shape to your nose so that you can see if you like the changes. If you do, you can continue to enhance your nose will fillers, or you can then opt to have nose surgery to make the changes permanent.
Whether it’s a droopy nasal tip or a significant bump that’s bothering you, Dr. Malamet can give you a nose you like to look at. Call us at 818-380-3130 to schedule a consultation.Previous Post Next Post