If you have facial lines or wrinkles and would like them repaired but don’t want to use synthetic facial fillers, autologous fat transfer may be a good solution. Fat harvested from other areas of your body can be injected into your face, providing a rejuvenated and natural appearance. Autologous fat transfer is not only the most natural approach to repairing your facial lines and wrinkles, but in many cases, it is the most effective procedure.
Despite the wide variety of synthetic facial dermal fillers, including JUVÉDERM®, Radiesse®, Sculptra®, and Restylane®, autologous fat injections can treat an array of imperfections and without the possible complications of synthetic fillers. Fat transfer can be completed as an outpatient procedure and the harvested fat is immediately injected into the face. Together with Matthew Malamet, MD, you will decide exactly which areas of your face you want to emphasize prior to your procedure.
The effects of transferred fat will last much longer than typical cosmetic injectables because fat re-vascularizes with surrounding fat. Follow-up injections can be used to achieve optimal results.
Fat Transfer Facts
- Anesthesia: Local Anesthesia; possibly General Anesthesia when performed in combination with other procedures
- Length of Procedure: 1-3 Hours
- Length of Stay: Patients generally return home shortly after the procedure.
- Discomfort: Some minor swelling, bruising and discomfort.
- Anticipate: Slight swelling and bruising may persist for a couple weeks, but daily activities can be resumed within a few days.
- Final Results: Visible once swelling and bruising subside.
Duration of Results: Variable; some patients may see more permanent results.
Dr. Malamet is a Manhattan-trained plastic surgeon with a passion for providing impeccable results to his analogous fat transfer patients. Schedule a consultation today to see what Encino plastic surgeon, Matthew Malamet, MD can do for you.