Why Consider Liposuction?
For some patients, no matter how healthy their diet and how rigorous their workout routine, those stubborn fatty tissues just won’t go away. If this sounds familiar and your fatty deposits are in your buttocks, thighs, stomach, hips, or arms, liposuction may be the solution for you. As we age, many factors make it more difficult for us to regulate body fat and sometimes even the biggest lifestyle changes just aren’t enough.
Skin loses elasticity and muscles become weaker, making it increasingly difficult to have an impact on our appearance by working out or eating healthier. Liposuction remedies this problem by simply removing the fat. Often coupled with another procedure such as a tummy tuck, liposuction can provide an aesthetic improvement and give you the confidence to keep working to maintain your figure.
Had lipo a few months ago and I’m thrilled with the results. Dr. Malamet is not only a skilled surgeon but has a great bedside manner. He answered my call after hours within a few minutes and answered all my questions. I highly recommend him.
Liposuction Key Facts
- Anesthesia: General or IV Sedation anesthesia
- Length of procedure: 1.5 hours to 4 hours, depending upon how much fat is being removed, the removal technique and the number of sites that are suctioned
- Length of stay: Usually Home the same day
- Discomfort: Mild to Moderate, controlled with prescription pain medications
- Anticipate: Bruising up to 2 weeks and Swelling up to 4-6 months
- Final results: Approximately 4-6 months
- Duration of results: Should be lasting with weight maintenance and a healthy lifestyle
Liposuction is performed using a narrow, stainless steel tube through which fat is suctioned from isolated areas. Despite being the most popular cosmetic procedure in the United States, liposuction should not be considered an alternative to weight loss. Rather, it is a solution for patients with stubborn but limited pockets of fat.
Dr. Matthew Malamet is a Manhattan-trained plastic surgeon with a passion for providing impeccable results to his liposuction patients. Schedule a consultation today to see what plastic surgeon Matthew Malamet, MD can do for you.