Which skin care treatments are the most effective? There is no single treatment that can be considered skin care’s Holy Grail. Each procedure or treatment targets various cosmetic concerns and has specific strengths in addressing them. But if there were one skin care treatment that addresses multiple problems, it would be chemical peels.
Using chemical peels to improve skin tone, texture, and clarity is nothing new. In fact, chemical peels were used in ancient civilizations. Cleopatra used sour milk to rejuvenate her skin, while royalty in the Middle Ages used copious amounts of wine to the same effect. Today men and women turn to chemical peels of various types and strengths to restore their skin’s natural glow without the downtime and cost of cosmetic surgery.
A chemical peel can help you:
● Reduce sun spots, liver spots, age spots, or any hyperpigmentation problem that has to do with prolonged sun exposure
● Improve the appearance of scarring, particularly acne scars
● Diminish fine lines and superficial wrinkles around the eyes and mouth
● Improve uneven skin tone and rough or leathery skin texture
There are different types and strengths of chemical peels. First-time patients can become confused about the differences between various peels. When choosing a chemical peel, we suggest that you take the following into consideration:
● Tendencies of your skin such as color, tone, level of oiliness, propensity to tan
● Your existing skin issues
● Your cosmetic goals
● The amount of downtime you can afford
● Tolerance for side effects
Finding a highly experienced and qualified chemical peel provider is one of the important aspects to obtaining your desired outcomes from the procedure. Dr. Matthew Malamet serves patients from Encino, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and surrounding areas. Call us at 818.380.3130 to set up an appointment today!
Previous Post Next Post