The skin and muscles are often the first to begin showing signs of aging. As we age, our facial muscles and skin sag, leading to the accumulation of fat between the neck and chin. Liposuction, a neck lift, or a combination of both is a common remedy to these issues and can deliver natural, youthful appearing results.
A neck lift involves a small incision underneath the chin that is commonly hidden within the natural creases of the chin, as well as another incision behind each ear. To perform the liposuction that is commonly associated with a neck lift, Matthew Malamet, MD creates a small incision behind each ear and one under the chin, from which fat can be suctioned from beneath the chin to the jawline. During a neck lift, underlying muscles that may have been damaged in the past can be repaired and reshaped.
Neck Lift Facts
- Anesthesia: General or Sedation
- Inpatient/outpatient: Outpatient
- Length of procedure: 1 Hour for Liposuction and 2-3 Hours for a Neck Lift
- Discomfort: Mild, but controlled with pain medication
- Anticipate: Mild swelling and minimal bruising
- Recovery: Most patients are back to work in 2 to 3 days after liposuction and 7 days after a neck lift.
- Final results: 3 to 6 months as the swelling resolves
- Duration of results: Long-lasting as long as the patient maintains a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
Dr. Malamet is a Manhattan-trained plastic surgeon with a passion for providing impeccable results to his neck lift patients. Schedule a consultation today to see what Encino plastic surgeon, Matthew Malamet, MD can do for you.