If there’s something about the appearance of your nose that you don’t like, it’s likely a rhinoplasty (nose job) can give you the nose you desire. Designed to alter the shape, size, and overall appearance of the nose, a proper rhinoplasty takes into account your unique facial structure when determining how to best shape your nose.
Nose surgery can change nearly all aspects of the nose, including the length of the nose, shape, contour, nostril width, or tip. After an initial consultation to discover your vision for your nose, Matthew Malamet, MD will create a strategic plan to create the changes you desire with the least invasive procedure possible.
- Anesthesia: General
- Length of procedure: 1 to 3 hours
- Length of stay: Home same day
- Discomfort: Mild to moderate. If nasal bones are broken as part of the surgery, expect 5 to 10 days of prescription pain medication.
- Anticipate: Swelling for 1 to 6 months and bruising 7 to 10 days
- Recovery: May require a cast/splint for 5 to 7 days
- Final result: 1 to 2 years as the tissues settle and swelling resolves
- Duration of results: Lasting
It is extremely important to find a board certified plastic surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty, as a nose surgery is one of the more complex plastic surgery procedures. There is the possibility that a revision will be needed, so be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to perform your initial rhinoplasty.
Dr. Malamet is a Manhattan-trained plastic surgeon with a passion for providing impeccable results to his rhinoplasty patients. Schedule a consultation today to see what Dr. Malamet can do for you.