Your eyes are the windows into your soul. That may be stretching it just a bit. Still, most people admit that the eyes are the first thing they look at when they meet a new person. So, with all of this attention being paid to our peepers, why don’t you go ahead and take away the sagging lids and the puffy skin surrounding them?
In other words, why not have eyelid surgery with Dr. Malamet? It’ll take at least a decade off the age of your face!
How many people have eyelid surgery?
- 139,012 U.S. women had eyelid surgery
- 30,696 U.S. men had eyelid surgery
Eyelid surgery is the most popular cosmetic surgery for men. Why? As men age and feel the need to compete with younger men for jobs, they see the eyes as the best way to take years off the face.
Who should have eyelid surgery?
These are some of the common characteristics of a person who may want to have eyelid surgery with Dr. Malamet:
- Excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- A puffy appearance in your upper eyelids, making you look tired
- Loose upper eyelid skin that impairs your vision
- Excess skin and fine, “crepe paper” type lower eyelid wrinkles
- Bags and dark circles under your eyes
Dr. Malamet performs eyelid surgery on either the upper or lower eyelids, or on both. It is a delicate procedure that involves removing the right amount of skin, muscle, and/or fat.
- In the upper eyelid, the incision is made in the natural fold of the upper eyelid.
- In the lower eyelid, the incision is usually made just below the lower lash, but it can also be made inside the lower eyelid.
- Dr. Malamet tightens muscles that have become somewhat loose and removes excess skin. He takes special care with fat, usually repositioning it rather than removing it, so that the patient doesn’t end up with a hollow look. This can be the case with less experienced surgeons.
Recovery from eyelid surgery is not difficult. Pain is minimal and swelling and bruising can be managed with the diligent use of cold compresses on your eyes. Your stitches will be removed in just three or four days.
One great benefit of eyelid surgery is its subtlety. Most people will not know that you have had any cosmetic surgery, unless they see you during the first week after your procedure. After that, they will look at you and will think you look somehow younger or more refreshed, but won’t be able to put their finger on the reason why.
Ready to lose 10 years from your face? Eyelid surgery with Dr. Malamet will do that. Call us at 818-380-3130 to schedule your consultation.Previous Post Next Post