Facial fillers are used to add volume to temporarily correct hollowing of the cheek and chin areas. Even with proper skin care and sun avoidance, the cheek and chin areas specifically can hollow and create a tired appearance. Facial fillers can enhance the overall appearance of the face and create a younger and fuller appearance. Dr. Matthew Malamet offers a number of facial filler options including:
- JUVÉDERM® – A smooth gel filler that is most often used to treat fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and nose. Results can last up to 1 year after just one treatment.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC – Developed specifically to enhance volume within the cheek and midface area. VOLUMA offers results that can sometimes last as long as 2 years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC – With its smooth consistency, VOLBELLA can address delicate lip lines and provide natural-looking lip augmentation for up to 2 years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC – This facial filler can address deep wrinkles and fine lines such as the nasolabial folds, and often does not require retreatment for as long as 2 years.
- Restylane® – Used to add volume to erase moderate to severe wrinkles. Also commonly used to add fullness and definition to lips.
- Restylane® Lyft – Similar to Restylane, Restylane Lyft also is used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles. Also is more commonly used to treat deeper and more severe wrinkles.
The Facial Fillers Procedure
Since Dr. Matthew Malamet offers a wide range of facial fillers to treat a number of different issues, facial filler procedures begin with a thorough examination and consultation. Understanding the desired results and expectations of each patient will help Dr. Malamet understand which fillers to use and where to precisely target.
Facial Filler Key Facts:
- Anesthesia: Topical Numbing Agent, Local Anesthetic
- Length of Procedure: 30 Minutes-45 Minutes
- Length of Stay: Patients generally return home shortly after the procedure
- Discomfort: Some minor swelling and discomfort
- Anticipate: Some minor swelling and redness, but daily activities can normally be resumed later in the day
- Final Results: Results evident immediately but final results visible within a couple of weeks
- Duration of Results: May last up to 9 months but can vary from patient to patient