Do you remember that shampoo commercial a few years back that said, “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful”? Upon watching the spot, most people said out loud, “I hate you.”
For many women, the same could be true of Angelina Jolie and those lips of hers. Sure, she may have now been through two divorces, but those lips are to kill for.
Unfortunately, many of us have thin, unremarkable lips. And they aren’t like a muscle that you could exercise and tone up. You’re pretty much stuck with your thin lips.
Or are you?
Dr. Malamet would be happy to help pump up the volume of your lips with lip augmentation. He can augment your lips with various dermal fillers. In some cases, he can even harvest a patient’s fat for re-injection into the lips.
Hyaluronic acid to the rescue
If you follow the aesthetic world at all, you’ve probably heard of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body whose job it is to plump and hydrate the skin. It does this by binding with water molecules.
This function is very helpful in the lips, where water is prevalent. Once injected into the lips, hyaluronic acid fillers support and shape the tissues that form the lips. They can actively plump the lips, or can fill them out in a more subtle style.
Two of the most popular hyaluronic acid fillers used by Dr. Malamet on the lips are from the Juvederm family. Juvederm Ultra XC was one of the first fillers designed specifically for lip augmentation. Its goal is to fully plump the lips.
A new arrival is Juvederm Volbella XC. Volbella also specifically targets the lips, but it adds volume subtly. It also smoothes the appearance of vertical lip lines.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid fillers for lip augmentation
- Control over lip volume. Because these fillers produce quick results, Dr. Malamet can easily control the amount of augmentation.
- Gradual pace of treatment. Dr. Malamet can build your lip volume over multiple appointments.
- Less bruising. Hyaluronic acid fillers cause less bruising and swelling.
- Bumps dissolve easily. Any lumping or bump formation caused by movement of the lips can be easily dissolved.
- Allergic reactions are rare. Because hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body, allergic reactions to these fillers are rare.
Interested in showing Angelina she doesn’t get to have the only great lips in town? Call Dr. Malamet at 818-380-3130 and ask about lip augmentation.
Previous Post Next Post