Every year more and more individuals are opting for non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as injectables, chemical peels, and laser treatments. Apart from being less costly, non-surgical procedures have minimal downtime.
Patients wonder what their recovery from some of these treatments will be like. We have outlined a quick guide below.
- Ice packs are your best friends. Applying them right after a laser treatment or Botox/filler injection can help reduce bruising and swelling. Ice packs should not be used, however, following chemical peels.
- Avoid strenuous activities that will elevate body temperature. Hot tubs, saunas, and cooking over a hot stove should also be avoided.
- Sleep with your head in an elevated position. This will help reduce swelling and hasten recovery. Prop up your elbows with pillows to make yourself more comfortable.
- Avoid the outdoors as much as possible. Sun exposure can delay healing and cause pigmentation problems. If you really need to go out, sunscreen is a must!
- Some non-surgical cosmetic procedures can make your skin extremely dry and flaky. Look for gels or moisturizers that are specifically designed to promote healing while providing moisture at the same time.
Each procedure has its own specific set of instructions that you need to stick to during recovery. Make sure to ask your cosmetic provider about those instructions during your personal consultation.
Explore your non-surgical cosmetic treatment options today! Call 818.380.3130 or fill out our contact form.