In most cases, women are looking for larger breasts, not smaller ones, but in some cases large breasts can be a serious burden. Keep reading if you are considering breast reduction.
Why should you consider breast reduction?
Having breasts that are abnormally large can create a lot of problems. Some common reasons for choosing breast reduction include:
- Having large breasts makes it difficult to find flattering clothing that is comfortable and affordable. It can be especially difficult to find bras and shapewear.
- Having large breasts can put serious strain on your neck and back. This can cause chronic pain and other problems.
- Larger breasts are heavier, which means they may begin to sag and lose their perky appearance.
- Having large breasts can stretch out the skin in the area and leave unsightly stretch marks.
- Having very large breasts can make you self-conscious about your appearance and uncomfortable in public. Unfortunately, it can also occasionally change the way other people treat you.
- Having large breasts can make it difficult, or even painful, to participate in fun athletic activities such as running, biking, playing sports, or dancing.
In some cases, an insurance provider may cover the cost of a breast reduction surgery since large breasts can cause other medical problems.
What can you expect during the procedure?
If you decide to undergo breast reduction surgery, here’s what you can expect:
- Each surgery will be customized to suit the individual patient’s needs. The placement of the incision, for example, will vary from patient to patient.
- You will be under general anesthesia, so you won’t have to worry about pain, discomfort, or stress during the procedure.
- The surgery will take about 2-4 hours. Most patients can return home the same day.
- There will be some discomfort following the procedure, but it can be managed quite well with some pain medication.
- Some bruising and swelling should be expected, but it shouldn’t interfere with your every day activities after the initial recovery period.
Breast reduction surgery can reduce pain, improve your appearance, and make your life a little easier. If you’d like to learn more about this option, schedule a consultation with Dr. Malamet.Previous Post Next Post