Wrinkles are one of the most obvious signs of aging, so if you’re looking for ways to look younger, addressing wrinkles is one of the first things you should do.
Keep reading to learn more:
Wrinkles are a normal part of aging—they mean you are a little older and a little wiser—but if you want to slow the signs of aging, there are many things you can do to prevent wrinkles.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking about 8 glasses of water each day and using a moisturizer every morning.
- Replace smoking with a healthier, less destructive, habit. Smoking accelerates the aging process, which means that in addition to all the other devastating effects on your health, smoking also damages your skin.
- Avoid sun damage—stay indoors or in the shade between 10 am and 4 pm, always wear sunscreen, and wear clothing that covers your skin.
- Remember to take care of your neck. Many people use a daily moisturizer on their face while forgetting about the neck, which means the skin on the neck ends up looking much older than the skin of the face.
- Keep the skin on your face clean and healthy by washing it daily with a gentle cleanser, removing all makeup before going to bed, and sleeping on a clean pillowcase.
- Use a retinol cream before going to bed. Even if you haven’t noticed any signs of aging—the sooner you start preventing wrinkles, the better off your skin will be.
No matter how well you take care of your skin, eventually you will get some wrinkles—but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for looking older. There are plenty of treatments available that can restore your youthful appearance. Two common options are Botox and Dysport. These are non-surgical treatments that reduce or eliminate the appearance of wrinkles on your face. Both Botox and Dysport work in similar ways. They are injected into specific areas of the face using very tiny needles. The muscles in that area of the face will be weakened and relax, which will give your skin a smoother appearance.
Botox and Dysport are both viable options for treating wrinkles—your dermatologist can help you determine which option is best for you. To learn more about these options, schedule a consultation with Dr. Matthew Malamet.Previous Post Next Post